Eclipse

It's way too cold around here! I nearly froze my fingers off trying to snap a decent picture of last night's eclipse. Usually, whenever there happens to be something neat to see in the sky we get nothing but clouds covering it up. But for once the sky was crystal clear. Naturally, the cold put a damper on things. Even gloves didn't help. Anyhoo, below are a couple of pics.

I used a tripod for these. I did try taking some pics through my telescope but they all sucked. :(

The roof of my house is in the corner. I believe the star above the moon is Regulus and Saturn is to the lower left of the moon.



Got rid of the roof in this one, and zoomed in a little.


Now I'm off to bake crescent cookies for my son-in-law. His birthday is tomorrow. :D

Comments

smilnsigh said…
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of us have a "quest," to get neat pics of the moon. You have done it!!!!!! Repeat Wowwwwwwwww!

Mari-Nanci
Az said…
Thanks. Glad you like it. I'll try to toss up more moon pics in the summer when I drag my telescope out more often.

Popular posts from this blog

Way too hot

New camera

Humor