Weekend update

Once again another weekend is gone but many pleasant memories remain. Since the weather was perfect we spent a lot of time outside, puttering around the yard. When I say we, I mean the hubby and I, of course. :D

We did a lot of walking at the mall on Saturday. The hubby got himself a new cell phone and I picked up more books. (naturally) These are the new editions to my library.

1. "Doppelganger," by Marie Brennan. Here's the bit off the back cover: "When a witch is born, a doppelganger is created. For the witch to master her powers, the twin must be killed. But what happens when the doppelganger survives?"

2. "Warrior Angel," by Margaret and Lizz Weis. I've always been a big fan of Weis and her Dragonlance books and was surprised to find her writing a "paranormal romance" with her daughter. Hope it's as interesting as it sounds.

3. "Declassified: Chaos Theory," by John Whitman. It's an original Jack Bauer Novel based on the hit series 24. I'm a big 24 fan so I thought I'd give this a try.

4. "Moonshine," by Rob Thurman. This is the one I started on. It's about 2 brothers who tackle preternatural beings in New York. So far I'm loving this book. The concept is slightly reminiscent of the tv show, Supernatural. The author, Rob Thurman is actually a female.

Clear skies on Saturday meant pulling out the telescope...and the digital camera. These pictures were taken on Saturday evening with my Nikon Coolpix 995 through a Meade ETX-60AT telescope.

Venus (zoomed in)


Jupiter and 3 of its moons (zoomed in)


The hubby grilled sausages on Sunday. Yummers! Then we caught up on anime watching and finished off another Netflix disc of "Supernatural" before tuning into Food Network to watch the "Next Food Network Star." All in all, it was an enjoyable weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Way too hot

New camera

Humor